THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 5 February 2018

Judges 1-9

1 comment:

Richard Powell said...

I was struck by God’s reason for deliberately weakening Gideon’s army (numerically) in 7:2 ‘The Lord said to Gideon, “You have too many men. I cannot deliver Midian into their hands, or Israel would boast against me, ‘My own strength has saved me.’” If we have ever found ourselves on the sharp end of that, it can be bewildering ("God, why...?") but I think it helps to recognise that it might be for this very reason. God is zealous for his glory (and that's a good thing).