THE PLAN
Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.
4 comments:
Chapter 1 v 18. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened....
Struck me that we need to be getting stuck into the sharpest thing in the world in order to enlighten the eyes of our heart
Thanks Ed, just launching back into the Glorious Ephesians. I'm getting to love these repeats over the 3 yr journey &how they are selected.
Last night as I led small group, a cake was brought in, with the sharpest knife I've seen for ages, to slice it! So as we prayed into Hebrews 4,v 12-16, that knife was before my eyes---so wonderfully relevant to the passage!
Eph 1,v 17 ''May God give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better''. Yes, please, Lord Jesus.
I'm confused by ch3 V10. The rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms are clearly not the same as the rulers and authorities in the earthly realm. Isn't the thrust of the passage about proclaiming the gospel to the earthly realm? Why does it need to be proclaimed to those already in heaven?
Could it be that because the mystery of Christ was not revealed in the past (v5) and was hidden in God (v9), it was also hidden from the rulers and authorities of the heavenly realms (v10). So the way that God reveals the mystery of Christ to them is through the demonstration of His grace in the Church? So through the Church, and God welcoming Gentiles into His family, these rulers and authorities of the heavenly realms (I'm guessing angels and demons?) can see more of the manifold wisdom of God? So maybe more of something God achieves through the existence of the Church rather than something the Church is actively called to do?
Post a Comment