THE PLAN
Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.
7 comments:
Hebrews is so full of O.T. Promises from Psalms Proverbs, Jeremiah, all so
Wonderfully fulfilled in our Lord Jesus.Reading the whole Book has been so good for me. Chp 10 v 36 is a verse God speaks so strongly into my heart,
''YOU HAVE NEED OF PATIENCE, SO THAT AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THE WILL OF GOD YOU MIGHT RECEIVE THE PROMISE''. I think this is the K.J.Version, so I've been meditating on 'perseverance' and 'patience'. I'm sure I need both, but 'Patience' is one of the Spirit's Fruits I need to earnestly seek. Loads of verses now underlined!!
Quick work Ruth. I'm still on Chapter 2! Isn't it great though... A reminder this morning that we must pay the most careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.
And as I meet with a non Christian friend tonight (with whom I have previously read the Bible) I pray for boldness in asking him - how do you intend to escape if you ignore so great a salvation?
Praying for you for tonight Ed.
Me too, prayers for tonight. And remember I'm ''retired'', so have far less time pressure Ed.
Ha! I told him that Eva and Daisy want to know why he doesn't believe in Jesus. Standard response... He wants evidence (in the form of a personalised miraculous revelation)
So the deal is I'll read some management book he's lent me if he reads the Case for Christ, which I gave him 18 months ago!
Will pray that the Holy Spirit opens his eyes and heart. I'll do that NOW as away for w/e.
''FAITH IS BEING SURE OF WHAT WE HOPE FOR AND CERTAIN OF WHAT WE DO NOT SEE''.
Hope it's not too late to share something on Hebrews? I recently started following along and just wanted to share something God once revealed to me in reading Hebrews. This might really bless someone. For the longest time I didn't understand Hebrews 4:12-13 but one day the words just jumped off the page and I could see this verse is talking not just about the Bible but more specifically about Jesus and how before His eyes all things are indeed open and there is no hiding place as verse 13 shows us - because light always shows up what's hiding in the darkness especially in us. There is nothing in us He does not see. He is the discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. These verse shows just how much Jesus is the living word of God....it is so important to not neglect this relationship which is so easily done. I also love the few lines before this where we are encouraged to strive to enter God's rest through belief in Him.
Post a Comment