THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 16 March 2020

Exodus 32-40

3 comments:

Ruth Kisch said...

I love the intimacy described between God and Moses,v 17''I know you by name'', which led me to look up Isaiah 43v 1''I have called you by name,you are Mine''. Then I went to John's Gospel 15v15'' I have called you friends'.As Jesus' friends,He definitely knows our names &all this so reassures me, to know that the Creator of the universe should know me by name. Just today I've so needed to hear that &I praise His Holy Name.
Thank You Lord Jesus.

Richard Powell said...

32:7-14 caught my eye. Throughout Exodus 1-12 the LORD refers to the people as 'my people'. So 32:7 is chilling (The LORD says to Moses, "Go down, because *your* people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt."). It is as if he is on the cusp of disowning them, like 'Go on Moses, you take your people, they’re not mine anymore.' Moses’ bold intercession in 32:11 (heart in mouth?!) resists the change, pleading "…why should your anger burn against *your* people?", and the LORD relents so that by 32:14 the writer is once again referring to them as the LORD's people. As one of history’s great intercessors, at a moment when so much is at stake, Moses shows us what Christ is like (Romans 8:34, Hebrews 7:25). In the wake of our own golden calf episodes, I am so grateful that Christ intercedes for us.

Mike Cain said...

Anyone else struck by the fact that the skilled artisans who work on the tabernacle are filled with the Spirit. 31:3 is underlined in 35:31. And then we keep being reminded of it in 36:1,2,4,8. What does anyone make of that?