THE PLAN
Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.
3 comments:
I've just read these chapters & am enthralled by David's praise prayer in chp 7. It's so wonderful how it points to Jesus. ''I will establish the throne of his kingdom for ever. I will be his father and he shall be my son''. Then David's glorious praise, as God reveals His future Plans, ''How great you are O Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears''. Thanks be to our Holy, Faithful Lord Jesus.
Blown away by chapter 6. 1-11 Total reverence - you do not mess with the holy God. 12-23 Total joy - so caught up in praising Him that we don't care what others think. Psalam 2:11b - "celebrate His rule with trembling" Celebrate with trembling - Oh for that blend in my heart
I love the reversal of 2 Samuel 7. “Let me build a house for you,” says David (in effect, v2). “No,” says the LORD, “it is I who will build a house for YOU!” (v27). We think God needs us to do things for him. How wrong we are, because first and foremost we must let him do things for us. Wonderfully, when he does those things, he brings glory to himself, as David says in 7:25, “Keep for ever the promise you have made concerning your servant and his house. Do as you promised, so that your name will be great for ever.” It is so counterintuitive! But he is nothing like other 'gods'.
Post a Comment