THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 22 April 2019

Leg up into Song of Songs

2 comments:

Ben Heasman said...

I've listened to a couple of these seminars/talks (there are 4) which go (compellingly) down the line of the book being primarily about Christ and the church. https://www.uniontheology.org/resources/book/song-of-solomon?

Worth a listen in the car and see what you think. Makes for an exciting read of the poem!

Mike Cain said...

Thanks Ben. I’d like to listen to those. I’ve never been persuaded that Song of Songs is mere allegory, but if marriage is ultimately a picture of Christ and the Church (Eph 5) then I do think that the love in Song of Songs does find its ultimate fulfilment in Christ. We’ve got to get to Christ. Of course. My question is about the route.