THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 3 August 2020

Mark 1-8

2 comments:

Richard Powell said...

8:21 I’ve never really understood what Jesus is driving at here, so I'd have to answer "No"! Is there any significance in the various numbers listed in 8:19-20, or is the point of those numbers simply, “there was lots left over”, and he wants them to join the dots to someone else in the past who fed his people plenty in the wilderness?

Ruth Kisch said...

3 yrs on, I'm also thinking there is much more to the Feeding of the 5 & 4 thousand, than appears. Is it to do with Jesus being the Bread of Life? Obviously the Disciples didn't ''get'' it either at the time. But we know Jesus can supply all our needs. I'm learning so much more.