THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 12 October 2020

Psalms 28-41

2 comments:

Richard Powell said...

It is striking how often David’s experience prefigures that of Jesus: ’Even my close friend, someone I trusted, one who shared my bread, has turned against me.’ (Psalm 41:9 cf John 13:18). If we want to get to know Jesus, if we want to know what he experienced as he undertook three years of ministry, how he felt about and reacted inwardly to the events that took place, it seems that the place to turn is the psalms. They are his prayers. Many would make good companion pieces to our reading of the gospels.

Ruth Kisch said...

Thank you very much for that, Richard. That verse struck me a lot too, as did so many verse in Psalms. I've underlined so many! 34v 22''no one will be condemned who takes refuge in Him''. I expect that's the big difference between Judas and Peter. Judas didn't and Peter did. Thanks be to God.
Off into Luke now!