THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 4 January 2021

Joshua 1-9

2 comments:

Naomi Havell said...

Hello everyone, I'm re-joining the Jesus Book train! I've recently finished reading Deuteronomy so am glad to see we're reading Joshua next. I'm treasuring ch 1v9, especially after the announcement this evening of a new national lockdown.

Naomi Havell said...

Just reading the end of Joshua Ch 5 and I don't think I'd noticed v15 before, where the commander of the Lord's army tells Joshua to take his sandals of because he is standing on holy ground. Great echoes there to the LORD speaking out of the burning bush to Moses all those years before in Exodus 3. Really demonstrates that Joshua is the leader that God has chosen after Moses. And poignant too as the time when God tells Moses to take his sandals off because he is on holy ground is the time when He promises that He will deliver the Israelites to a land following with milk and honey (Exodus 3 v7-8). And now when the commander of the army of the Lord says the same thing to Joshua, this is when the LORD is fulfilling that promise made to Moses.