Jesus said, "These are the Scriptures that testify about me." (John 5:39) As all roads once led to Rome, all Scripture leads to Jesus. Join us as we journey through the whole Bible on a quest to know Him better.
THE PLAN
Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.
3 comments:
Thank you Richard and Mike. I sent a comment last week, but it seems to have gone to Mars or elsewhere, so I'll try again!!!
I've often thought if only I could see Jesus in the flesh, then faith would be so much easier,but the passage I love which refutes that is the last one in Matthew, chp 28 v 17. Even when they had the Risen Christ in front of them'' some doubted''.
So I expect, as Luke has been explaining, and the so helpful Emmanuel talks have confirmed, it all comes down to recognising who Jesus actually is.May we also worship Him and return to our Jerusalem''with great joy''Luke 24 v 52. Thanks be to God.
21v32 - any ideas what Jesus means here? Can 'generation' mean something broader than those alive in that day?
Sometimes they crowd his way
and his sweet praises sing,
resounding all the day
hosannas to their King;
then "crucify" is all their breath
and for his death they thirst and cry.
With angry shouts they have
my dear Lord done away;
a murderer they save,
the prince of life they slay.
Yet, willing, he to suffering goes
that he, from there, his foes might free.
Here might I stay and sing
of him my soul adores;
never was love, dear King,
never was grief like yours.
This is my friend in whose sweet praise
I all my days could gladly spend.
Post a Comment