THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 22 January 2018

Philippians & Colossians

4 comments:

Laura Wu said...

‘I want you to know, brothers, that what has happened to me has really served to advance the gospel...’ Phil 1:12. Reminds me of Genesis 50:20 where Joseph tells his brothers ‘you meant to do me harm, but God meant it for good’. God is working through all things for his glory.

Mike Cain said...

Struck by the connection between 1:27a and 1:27b. The “then”. If they conduct themselves in a manner worthy of the gospel THEN they will stand firm. Conduct ourselves in a manner unworthy of the gospel and we ( his people) will fall out and fall apart.

Richard Powell said...

Matt Haig wrote a best-seller called ‘Reasons to stay alive’ which I read a couple of years ago. Paul gives a reason in Philippians 1:23-24 which I have found even more helpful (“I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.”) To stay alive so that I can still be of some use to other people (and specifically, his people) is a good reason to stay alive.

Richard Powell said...

Yes! - good spot. Knowing that is so encouraging. Lots of things in life that look like ‘life going wrong’ are often ‘life going right’, just by an unexpected route that looks anything but right!