THE PLAN
Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.
3 comments:
It's glorious and challenging to be back in Psalms, so many precious verses I've underlined. But 53 v 1 spoke clearly to me as I have so many friends/family who say''There is no God''.
Took me to to
1 Corins.1v 25 ''The foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom---''. Read the other day that Easter Day and April fool's are the same day this year---very poignant! Am sure there's a sermon somewhere there!!!!!!??
Mindful of the approaching season, I read Psalm 55 and couldn’t help but think of Jesus and Judas. 55:12-14 ‘If an enemy were insulting me, I could endure it; if a foe were rising against me, I could hide. But it is you, a man like myself, my companion, my close friend, with whom I once enjoyed sweet fellowship at the house of God, as we walked about among the worshippers.’ Later, 55:20-21 ‘My companion attacks his friends; he violates his covenant. His talk is as smooth as butter, yet war is in his heart; his words are more soothing than oil, yet they are drawn swords.’ Jesus knew exactly this sort of betrayal. Perhaps this psalm was among those that sustained him. It ends 55:22-23 ‘Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. But you, God, will bring down the wicked into the pit of decay; the bloodthirsty and deceitful will not live out half their days. But as for me, I trust in you.’
Post a Comment