THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 2 April 2018

1 Samuel 1-10

4 comments:

Laura Wu said...

Thank you Mike for your email prompt... I haven't been able to read for a number of weeks, due to a death in my family followed by several weeks of illness for me... I miss it a lot. Please pray for me during this season, to treasure the scripture I've stored up whilst I don't have the capacity to delve into his Word daily... and that those days will return!

Mike Cain said...

Dear Laura, So sorry to hear this. Praying that you would know His grace and compassion. Your brother Mike

Ruth Kisch said...

Dear Laura, May you know the Risen Christ abiding within you and you in Him as you grieve and go through sadness. Thank you for sharing this.''Those days will return''! X

Richard Powell said...

Laura, hear hear to all of the above, and in the meantime treasure Christ. In response to the failures of the priestly line of Eli, God says (2:35) ‘I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who will do according to what is in my heart and mind. I will firmly establish his priestly house, and they will minister before my anointed one always.’ This is first fulfilled in Samuel but finally and beautifully fulfilled in Jesus: ‘Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has ascended into heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.’ (Hebrews 4:14)