THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 22 October 2018

Jeremiah 1-9

4 comments:

Ruth Kisch said...

''My people have committed two sins:
They have forsaken me, the spring of living water,
and have dug their own sister's, broken sister's that cannot hold water.''
The Lord's unfailing Mercy spoke to me as I read these chapters, how I so often forsake Him and prefer the broken sister's rather than His Spring of Living Water. Thank you Lord for Your Mercy,revealed at the Cross through our Lord Jesus Christ, the Fountain of Living Water.

Ruth Kisch said...

Sorry, cisterns, not sisters. Chp 2 v 13.

Richard Powell said...

In the unrelenting grimness of these chapters, I spotted three little glimpses of the Jesus to come. (1) 6:16 Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and “you will find rest for your souls” (a little phrase that reappears in Matthew 11:29).’ (2) 7:11 Has this house, which bears my Name, become a den of robbers to you? But I have been watching! declares the LORD (who comes in Matthew 21:13). (3) 9:1 Oh that my head were a spring of water and my eyes a fountain of tears! I would weep day and night for the slain of my people (and many years later it is Jesus who weeps over Jerusalem).

Mike Cain said...

Thanks Richard. Love the reminder to look for Him on every page.