THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 24 December 2018

2 Corinthians

4 comments:

Naomi Havell said...

Praise God that He makes us competent to speak of Him!
'Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God.'
2 Corinthians 3 v 5

Ed said...

Clambering back on the wagon...
If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness

Mike Cain said...

"My grace is sufficient for you, my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Cor 12:9-10
Having spent so much of 2018 struggling with illness and limping along without much strength of my own, this is the perfect verse to end the year with. It is a lesson the Lord has needed to teach me time and time again. And I can testify that is true. His grace IS sufficient. Praise Him!

Richard Powell said...

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.