THE PLAN


Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.


Monday, 13 April 2020

Job 32-42

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel like I'm finally getting to grips with Job this morning- it has really helped reading it in bigger chunks than I would normally read the Bible & looking out for those nuggets of truth in and amongst lots of questionable comments from the friends! Glad I persevered with it as so nearly thought id do something else whilst you were all reading it.

Laura Wu said...

Well I really loved the last few chapters of Job. As Laura says above it has taken perseverance, but seeing how God answers all of the accusations Job has thrown at him, and how Job responds with awe and repentance, was worth the wait. He is a mighty, mighty God. As I read it, I was reminded that 'All things work together for the good of those who love the Lord'.

Richard Powell said...

Hear, hear! Couldn’t agree more. After the friends’ many words, what a relief finally to hear the LORD’s in 38-41. I found myself laughing with joy at 38-41, and at its tone, dripping with irony (e.g. 38:21 ‘Surely you know… you have lived so many years!’). It was such a welcome reminder of the greatness of God. Why do we worry about so much, when one like this holds all things in his hands! And how can we be so arrogant to suggest he doesn’t know what he’s doing? I want to join Job in his repentance (42:1-6).

Richard Powell said...

In 42:8-9, Job is the innocent suffering servant who intercedes for his friends, and the Lord answers his prayer. Can’t help but read that and think of another innocent suffering servant who intercedes for his friends - the Bible really IS all about him isn’t it!

Mike Cain said...

So thrilling to hear from others what good medicine it has been to press on to the end of Job. Thank you for sharing. Struck by Job 42:5-6.
"My ears had heard of you, but now my eyes have seen you. Therefore I despise myself and repent in dust and ashes."
Sent me on to Isaiah 6:5 and also Luke 5:8. Praying that we would be people who haven't just heard about but who have fallen on our knees before the living God.