THE PLAN
Every Monday I will post the reading for the week ahead. It will be about 10 chapters a week. You might want to read a chapter or two a day, and catch up at weekends. If there is a verse that especially spoke to you, a question that you have, or a thought that struck you, please share it with your fellow travellers by making a comment.
2 comments:
A useful commentary wrote that Numbers 30-31 shows us "God is a God of order not confusion". You really get a sense of this as you read about the sacrificial system, the purification laws and the vows here.
This really encouraged me as I reflected what it meant as I read tricky OT sections, He is not only a God of order of the book of Numbers or even just the OT, that He is a God of order means He is a God of order forever! How precious it feels then that I can learn about the God of my life today by reading about events taking place 1000s of years ago.
Thanks Tom, I found that observation helpful. The Lord does indeed seem to set the affairs of Israel in careful order. Other examples that struck me in these chapters are the careful documentation of the ‘travel-log’ in Numbers 33 (at the LORD’s command, 33:2), the careful drawing of the boundaries of Canaan in Numbers 34 (by the LORD, 34:2-12), and later in the same chapter the careful composition of the ‘civil service’ (again, appointed by the LORD, 34:16-29).
Post a Comment